RAW Genever/Holland Gin
Hooghoudt RAW Genever/Holland Gin is a 100% malt spirit genever with a distinctive herbal and citric character. A robust grainy taste combined with juniper berry and invigorating herbs and spices. To distill a superlative RAW Genever like this requires an exceptional level of craftsmanship. Unlike with gin, where all the flavor is concentrated in the herbs, with RAW genever the taste is a complex mix of malt spirit’s grainy essence with herbs and spices.
For our RAW genever, we blended 3 individually distilled single grain malt spirits (malt, wheat and rye) with the classic malt spirit mix (wheat, corn and rye). Our goal was to create an elegant and refreshing 100% malt spirit genever that retains all its unique characteristics when sipped pure, mixed with tonic or in cocktails. We accentuated each grain sort’s unique flavor characteristics, which you can taste in all their glory.
Aroma: subtle grainy tones and the scent of juniper berry, outspoken citrus with sweet herbal tones, a hint of anise and the distinctive scent of rye. In short: an invigorating aroma with robust herbal accents, intriguing and uncompromised.
Flavor: full-bodied and grainy with crisp citrus and cilantro accents, spiced candy, ripe and velvety, mild but with character. In short: A fanatically flavorful genever with a hint of sweetness, mineral grains, citrus tones and a slight spiced aftertaste.
In 2019 Hooghoudt RAW Genever won a double gold medal during the Chinese Wine & Spirits Awards.
What makes Hooghoudt RAW Genever/Holland Gin unique?
- 100% malt spirit genever, so distilled in copper kettles.
- Made of four different malt spirit types: 17% barley, 7% wheat, 45% rye and a balanced mix of 31% wheat, corn and rye.
- The four malt types are individually distilled and than blended, according to their specific flavors.
- Herbs and spices have been added to the malt spirit styles to complement their unique properties. It’s genever, so juniper berry is always in the lead.
- Mixes perfectly with tonic.
- 43% alcohol is the ideal percentage for both grain and botanicals, whether sipped pure or in the mix.
Click here for our awesome RAW Grapefruit cocktail recipe.
- Mixes perfectly with tonic or grapefruit soda
- Juniper berry
- Star anise
- Lemon peel
|Serving temperature:||Room temperature|